In addition to these daily specials a wide selection of other items such as pizza or jackets are available
School meals at Samuel Ward Academy are just £2.10, which represents great value for money when considering the benefits, the price of food in the shops, their convenience compared to a packed lunch.
In addition to great value, Samuel Ward Academy provide pupils with:
• a hot, healthy, tasty meal which meet the latest nutritional standards
• a high proportion of traditionally prepared, homemade dishes providing choice and variety to suit all tastes
• a lunch that is prepared using locally sourced produce where possible
• great value for money
• convenience – saving you time preparing packed lunches
• improved learning abilities – studies have shown that pupils concentrate better in lessons if they have had a fulfilling lunchtime meal
• pupils having the opportunity to develop their social skills, whilst eating with others
• pupils relaxing in a safe, supervised environment with friends.
Parents can pay their child’s dinner money online and then the funds are automatically credited to your chosen school cashless system. We integrate with over 30 cashless catering systems so are already compatible with most systems in place in schools.
The new simplified service is excellent value for money, provides a great range of food and ensures parents know exactly what their son or daughter is able to buy and how much it costs. Suffolk School Meals are working very closely with Samuel Ward Academy to develop healthy eating for all pupils, regardless of means or background.
At Samuel Ward Academy we have two refrigerated water fountains in the dining area, one in the P.E. Block and a further one in the Sixth Form Block. Water stops us getting dehydrated, is part of a healthy diet and is a vital part of our everyday lives. It helps our bodies to move, our minds to think and helps us to stay healthy. Other than air, water is the most important substance that our bodies need. Your body could only survive for about five days without water. If you start to increase the amount of water you drink you could find you have more energy and be alert.
So this is what you need to do:
1. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. This should be between 1.5 and 2.0 litres per day.
2. Make sure you have a bottle of water with you so you can have a drink when you want to.
3. Never get thirsty as that means you are already dehydrated.
4. Make sure you drink extra water when you are exercising.
Samuel Ward Academy is a school at the heart of the community and the inspiration for the people within it. We are at the cutting edge of education, use innovative technologies and teaching methods and challenge the barriers that prevent people from excelling. We value the success of every individual, their honesty and integrity, celebrate creativity and foster resilience and independence. We expect each person to respect others and the community in which they live.